Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Inspiration

Lately, I've been experiencing some extreme writer's block. Like I'll write half a post and decide that it's pointless and I hate it. This has been happening for a week and I started to feel like I'll never get out of this rut that is writer's block. Everyday in English, we have to write for ten minutes about a given topic, or just free write. I never fully complete any prompts, mostly because I always choose the given topic, but I wonder, how can I write endlessly on any boring topic when I can't even write a blog post about whatever I want? Its simple, because I have to. It's different when you have to do something for school versus your totally optional blog. It's different when your writing just for yourself versus for an audience, I want to write something everyone will find interesting, not boring and pointless.
That leads to the purpose of this post. I realized that in order to write something I'll find worthy of my blog, I need inspiration. I need to dig deep to that part of me that wanted to begin a blog in the first place and write from that part of me. Not the part that just does it because it needs to be done. I think in order for this to work, I need to constantly remind myself that this is what I want to do and it should be fun, not a job. Yes, it is harder than sitting on my butt and watching TV, but it's fun for me. I love that satisfaction of hitting the publish button and seeing that people have actually read my work? I love that even more. So I guess the purpose of this post is to tell you guys that, even when you feel like all is lost, don't worry because inspiration is just around the corner waiting to be discovered and remind you why you love what you do. For me, it could be a simple post idea or another blogger finding success in something they love to do. For you, it could be something completely different. Just don't give up.

Until later,
xx, Madison.

What is your inspiration? 

No comments:

Post a Comment