Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spring Break

Spring break... Or lack of... has sprung up on us yet again and even though I didn't go anywhere (#lacrosseproblems) I did get to go into the great city that is New York not once, but twice. I know, getting crazy. Both times equally amazing. 
The first time was planned and the second was completely spontaneous, which is always a great thing. On Monday, I was lucky enough to go to the Broadway show, Newsies, as a fun little thing to do. The show was so good and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for something fun to do in the city. We went out to dinner before to a restaurant called Becco's and lets just say that the food was phenomenal. I got the tri pasta special that included spaghetti, ravioli with a creamy cheese filling, and another pasta that I unfortunately don't know the name of. All of them were equally amazing, but there was so much I was pretty much stuffed. I did have a little room for dessert though, I had the chocolate mousse cake *drools.* I regret not taking photos for you all, but I was too caught up in the moment I guess.
The next day was a spontaneous, short afternoon in Soho, which in my opinion is a absolute must if you're visiting the city on vacation or something. It's a shopaholic's heaven. You got your high end stores like Chanel and Burberry, your in okay priced stores like J.Crew and Anthropologie, and then you got your inexpensively priced stores like H&M and Old Navy. Our first stop was to a crêpe restaurant called Vive la Crêpe. It was a cute little place we stumbled upon while trying to find where to park (which let me tell you, is nearly impossible in this area of Manhattan). I got the tomato, mozzarella, and basil crêpe. Unusual choice right? Well, I don't regret it at all. So good. (I know, I need to find some new ways to describe things.) We then went to the C.Wonder flagship store down the street. Oh my goodness, it's my new favorite store. It had so much cute jewelry, clothes, and even home ware and all at an even price. I definitely spent three times the amount of money there than anywhere else I went. Maybe I'll do a haul? Still on clothing and things we popped into Rag and Bone just for a browse and the workers in there were so nice that I felt bad not buying anything in the end, but who am I kidding? I cannot afford anything in there. I will say though that their workers were some of the nicest I've ever come across. Feeling hungry again, we went to Georgetown Cupcake *swoons.* If you're ever looking for a good cupcake stop in there and you'll be good to go. We walked around for a bit, but that was pretty much it. Short, no hassle, that's what I like to hear. 

Kate Spade New York.



I loved the contrast of a high end store to the graffiti. 

Got a little messed up in the car, but *heart eyes.*


Until later,
xx, Madison.

Have you ever been to Soho? What do you like to do there?

No comments:

Post a Comment