Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Sports Preseason

If any of you noticed, haven't been writing everyday lately like I normally do. If you can't tell by the title, its because of preseason and just lacrosse season in general. From now until around June, I'm just going to be posting on days where I have the time and when I have an idea that I think all of you will really enjoy. I don't want to have written out a full post and not have anyone like it... What's the point? So, from now on, all of my posts will be quality, but they won't be posted everyday. They will be posted when I have little school work to do and enough time to write a quality post. Maybe in the Summer when I have all the time in the world I'll go back into my normal everyday schedule, but for now, this has to do.
Now that I got that off my back, there are a lot of things I have to say about preseason. First off, my legs are dead. In mucho pain. It always makes me wonder if I will ever go back to normal and have it not hurt with every step I take. Whenever I know I'm going to be sore, I do everything humanly possible. I ice, I stretch, I put on this weird arthritic cream, I use icy-hot, I even use this massage bar from Lush that I love even when I'm not sore. (I mean everything in Lush is great so...). I love this massage bar because it smells great and massages my skin so that they (temporarily - I don't think anything would permanently ease my pain) feel great. The smell is light and fresh so its not too over powering and you can use it everyday. As you all can probably see, my muscles are a big issue at the beginning of the season.
Something else I'd like to touch upon is hydrating. It's so important and so often overlooked. If you're not hydrated, you won't be able to do any of the sprints and may end up getting sick, which no one likes to deal with. Soo, drink up! Like five bottles a day. I'm serious. That may seem weird to some of you, but trust me, it's key to any running sport.
Something that's equally important is training in the offseason. You don't want to just pick up your stick that first day. You have to be prepared and be training even when the Spring seems centuries away. Even more important though, running, see I put it in bold to emphasis how important it is. Try to run everyday to make sure you stay in shape for the upcoming season and don't have sore muscles. Clearly I'm a bit of a hypocrite on this one, but I'm trying to get better.
Someone can learn a lot by just one day of practice and years of practice. They are all so important and I hope you utilize them!

Until later, 
xx, Madison.

What are some of your big tips for surviving preseason?

No comments:

Post a Comment