Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Summer Wishlist

Recently, I talked with you guys about things I bought keeping in mind the warm weather. Since then, I've been thinking about new clothes - lighter clothes at least - and wanting more (of course). With that, I've also discovered a new, well new to me, online store and dropped a few things in my imaginary cart. I kept in mind all the pricing, a new obsession of mine is finding the best deals, so all the products are fairly inexpensive. Although I'm sure you could find a more high end version of each item. I decided to write this post to show all of you what styles I'm looking forward to wearing this summer.

Lots and lots of maxi. Now I've never been into the whole maxi skirt/dress craze. I always thought that I'm way too short and a long skirt covering my entire legs will only make me look shorter. Even though I loved this style on everyone else, I always thought it just wasn't for me. Not anymore! I was recently in J.Crew and saw their striped maxi skirt and though, "yeeeaaahh, I could rock that!" So now I'm on the hunt for all things maxi. I think that they could go really well with a pair of wedges or a pair of cute sandals and I can't wait to rock this look this summer. These are two of my favorite maxi items I've found so far:

If you watch Zoe (Zoella) on Youtube, you 
would know that she featured this dress in 
her recent haul. It looked so nice on her 
I'm dying to give it a try for myself!





Thought this would be the J.Crew skirt didn't you? It's not! Like said before, I'm kinda into looking for deals and found this gem at Target (aka, my go to deal finding store).




Swing Dresses. Again, I never jumped on the bandwagon with this one because of my body shape. Lately, I've been accepting my body shape and thats been letting me wear more styles. Shift dresses is something I will be trying (definitely) to wear this summer. They're so nice and flowy for the hot summer and will be perfect for all sorts of occasions.


I've never been one for paisley either, 
but this dress was love at first sight!








Tank tops. This isn't something I refused to wear up until now, but I'm going to try to wear more flowy tank tops (not a big fan of really anything tight) that are versatile and easy to wear. I'm going to try to go for the staples like greys, black, and white before I get into the crazy stuff though. I also thought a white tank top would look perfect with the maxi skirt! I've found great tank tops at both Everlane, Target, and J.Crew. Although, I'm sure most places sell them.
I didn't put any pictures in hoping that you all know what a basic tank top looks like.

Here are some other things I really want to get to wear in the summer!

Plus black bottoms (Target
To go with the dresses right? (Nine West)

Target
Plus matching bottoms (Target)



Until later,
xx, Madison.

What are you looking for in summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment